Doug Keen Biography:
Doug started in the game way back in 1972 in Moore Park Under 10's in South Sydney Juniors - he received Most Improved in first year
- He went to Newtown Juniors, played junior reps and made final in under 16’s vs. Balmain – received Best Player
- Played Grade Football with Canterbury Bulldogs in 1981, then went back to Newton for Presidents Cup
- Joined NSW Police Force and was heavily involved in football with them; captained the State team on occasions, toured many times to New Zealand with NSW teams
- Founder of Australian Police Rugby League APRL, toured many places including USA, Morocco, Cook Islands, Argentina, England, and Fiji
- Finished playing, got into refereeing and was graded with NSWRL, doing grades below first grade
- Refereed in more countries than any other referee, including New Zealand, USA, England, Papua New Guinea, Morocco, Jamaica, Argentina, Fiji, Cook Islands, etc.
- Has been in refereeing development for past 10 years full time with NSWRL
- Ran Police World Cup in 1995, 2 years General Manager of Newtown Jets Rugby League club, oldest team in Australia
- Has held positions as a player, coach, team manager, tour manager, selector, team trainer, administrator, development officer, General Manager, referee, referees coach, Ground Manager, Interchange/Concussion Official with NRL
Over his career Doug has held as a player, coach, team manager, tour manager, selector, team trainer, administrator, development officer, General Manager, referee, referees coach, Ground Manager and Interchange/Concussion Official with NRL.