Established in 1998, the Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA) is the lead state agency for tourism. Among its responsibilities, the HTA’s is charged with:
- Setting tourism policy and direction with the goal of contributing to the ongoing, sustainable growth of Hawaii’s economy
- Developing and implementing the State’s tourism marketing plan and efforts
- Managing programs and activities to sustain a healthy visitor industry
- Developing and implementing the Hawaii Tourism Strategic Plan
- Coordinating tourism-related research, planning, promotional and outreach activities with the public and private sectors.